Fellow naturals, y'all know that this is true!
You Know You Love Being Natural When…
- Either your T-shirt, tote bag, key chain or any other accessory says you are.
- You can’t remember the last time you straightened your hair.
- You have your own library of natural hair books.
- You don’t own a flat iron.
- You belong to more than one natural hair social networking community.
- You have a natural hair blog.
- TWA, ACV, EVOO, Co-wash, Poo/Pre-poo, EO and Hand-in-Fro are a part of your vocabulary.
- You follow or subscribe to other naturals via Fotki, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.
- You are aware of the effects of petrolatum, SLS/SLES, parabens, paraffins, and ‘cones’ and you are not a chemist.
- Instead of avoiding water, you run to it, even using it as a styling aid.
Y'all know I had to get in on the fun...
You know you love your locs when...
- You haven't combed/brushed your hair in months. Or years!
- You use the same 2-4 products.
- You refer to your locs as babies.
- You know the stages that locs go through.
- You ask other people about their locs and how old they are.
- You have embraced the fuzzies and realize that they aren't going anywhere.
- You know the exact day and year you started loc'ing your hair.
Us naturals and loc'ers do tend to be a little clique-ish, don't we? We have our own terminology and secret handshakes. Nah, I'm kidding about the latter but in a world of straight hair, I think it's cool when afros and locs stand out.
But then again, I am biased. :)
(photo source 1)
(photo source 2)