Hey y'all! I am most known as B (or Brittany-three syllables, yes, I'm fancy LOL!), the editor over at Clumps of Mascara. I decided to start this hair blog a few weeks before I got my locs installed. The online natural hair community was a huge motivator for me when I first went natural in 2005. And since then I've had a passion for natural hair. While Loc Rocker tracks my journey into loc'dom, it is also a blog that discusses the issues, emotions and lifestyles regarding natural hair. I also love featuring fellow naturals, womanprenuers, brands, companies, art, products, music and articles/photos surrounding natural hair. Because, whether you agree or not, Black hair is quite relevant these days and I find it fascinating.
NOTE: Please do not assume that my pride in natural hair means that I am anti other hairstyles and textures. I have no problem with perms and weaves. However, I have made a personal decision to not use them. Ever. Again. Just as you prefer to wear your hair a certain way, I prefer to rock the natural and rock it proudly. Good hair is healthy hair. Period.
And also, I am not a professional. Nor do I consider myself a natural hair guru. I simply like it, rock it and have decided to blog about it. Bam. That's it, chief.
FAQ's Session 1
FAQ's Session 2
FAQ's Session 3
FAQ's Session 4
Click HERE to head to Loc Rocker's disclosure information.
- My "Meet Her" feature at Naturelle Chic
- My Natural Me gets the low down on my natural hair and loc journey
- I'm Loc'd Beauty of the Week on On The Road to Queendom!
- Loc Represents "Team Natural" in BV Hair Talk's most infamous battle: Team Natural vs. Team Weave.
- Rachel Stewart catches me rockin' her fabulous homemade hairwear
- Check out my Fairy Hair Story on Black Voices
- Loc Rocker was featured on Carol's Daughter Facebook Fan Page
- Loc Rocker was a Guest Co-Host on the Nappturalite Radio show on March 14, 2010. You can listen to that episode here.
- Permed to Natural features me here. Yay!
- I gave some tips to Clutch Mag about how to achieve an awesome summer style.
- iRockLocs features me on her blog.
- Loc Rocker collaborated with LocJewelry to bring three lucky Loc Rocker readers, a free loc adornment!
- I wrote a piece on Hair Loc'ing 101 for Curly Nikki.
- Check out Loc Rocker's mention in Essence Magazine's Fall 2010 Hot Hair Issue.
- All Day Natural features LocRocker here.
- Stylelist gets the skinny on my hair journey and I also give the audience a few hair tips.
- Shoed-In features Loc Rocker in an edition of ShoutOut Saturday.
- Alice in Nappy Head features me in her Natural Expressions feature.
- Interviewed alongside other loc rockin' ladies, I was highlighted and quoted in The Grio.
- I had the BEST time at the 2010 World Natural Hair Show in Atlanta. Like...the best. Check out all of my coverage here.
- Natural heads at The Makeup Show 2010 in NYC.
- I volunteered at the Peace and Beauty Project's Natural Beauty Lab. Soooo much fun!
- Natural heads at The Blogalicious Conference 2010 in Miami.
- There was a Natural Hair Show in my hood! Check out my coverage of the 1st Central Florida Natural Hair and Beauty Expo here.
- I went to the other side of I-4 to attend the Fabulously Unique Natural Hair Affair in Tampa Bay. Check out my event coverage here.
- I went back to ATL for the World Natural Hair Show 2011.
- I hosted my first natural hair event. Natural Connections was like a Girl's Night Out for atural hair.